Google
 

Saturday, October 6, 2007

Rashard Lewis Is Ready To Show For Magic

The Orlando Magic play host to the Atlanta Hawks on Monday night in their exhibition opener, a rather ho-hum event for most veterans.

Funny, but even after nine seasons in the NBA, forward Rashard Lewis is a little antsy for his cameo.

"I don't know how long Coach is going to play the starters. But I feel like it's the first time Orlando Magic fans get a chance to see me, so for my little five, 10 minutes I'm out there, I want to let them know that I'm here and here to play," he said.

"This is going to be the first impression, and I want to show them. I want to show them that I'm here and ready to help the Magic make the playoffs."

Lewis, the club's $118 million free-agent catch this offseason, already has made an impression on his new playmates and Coach Stan Van Gundy.

The Magic broke training camp Thursday, ending two-a-day sessions, with everyone raving about him.

He was hired away from the Seattle SuperSonics because the Magic desperately needed his scoring punch. They envision Lewis and all-star center Dwight Howard providing an inside-outside tour de force.

Lewis wasted no time in demonstrating how he averaged more than 20 points per game the past three seasons, leaving teammates to offer breathless testimonials.

click for more details

source : orlandosentinel.com

No comments: