Google
 

Sunday, October 14, 2007

LeBron Ready For Season

CLEVELAND: Two weeks into the season, the Cavaliers still have so many questions. But also one profound answer.

No one is sure how the roster will look on opening night, with unsigned players holding out. There's a new style of offense that looks as if it is going to come with growing pains. The big-man rotation is suspect at best. Several players expected to be in the rotation are injured.

Then you have LeBron James, who almost makes you forget it all.

James showed up to training camp in the best shape of his career.

He's getting to practices early, he's staying late, and his most popular flaw, his jumper, never has looked better after a summer of diligent work.

''LeBron is at the center of everything we do,'' Cavs coach Mike Brown said. ''No one on the team works harder than him, and it sets a great example for the other guys.''

Last year, James' energy level was inconsistent in the first half of the season, probably a result of a summer of heavy play with Team USA. James' national team obligations were significantly less this summer, and he spent extra time working on his game no matter where he was in the country.

That has James feeling perhaps more confident than ever about his game.

''This could be my best season,'' James said simply after Friday night's preseason game against the Seattle SuperSonics.

''As an individual, I continue to improve every year. I know how hard I worked all summer. Think I was more focused this summer on doing the things I needed to do,'' he said. ''I was more consistent, going to the gym two or three times a day. I got into a routine, and even days when I didn't want to go, I went, and it is paying off for me.''

James' stats from the Cavs' three preseason games last week aren't flashy he has averaged 11.3 points on 46 percent shooting in 21 minutes a game but he has looked to be in midseason form when he has been on the floor.

''I've been able to get to any spot on the floor if I want to,'' James said. ''We have a long way to go as a team, but as an individual, I think I am ready.''

click for more details

source : ohio.com

No comments: