Google
 

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Ailing Dalembert Likely To Sit Out

Center Samuel Dalembert, who had been recovering smoothly from a stress fracture in his left foot, experienced a setback yesterday as the 76ers practiced at the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine.
Dalembert pulled himself from practice after feeling pain in his foot. He said he was unlikely to play in tonight's preseason home opener against the New Jersey Nets.

"It's a little setback," Dalembert said after receiving treatment after the end of practice. "I had a day and a half off and wasn't hurting as much, and I [had] a good practice" Wednesday night.

He said he started doing drills yesterday "and it started hurting, so I pulled back."

As for tonight's game, "I might be feeling good, but I will probably take the precaution" and sit out, Dalembert said. "I will probably dress, but there is no need for pushing it."

Dalembert hurt his foot while competing for Canada this summer in the Olympic qualifying tournament. He complained of pain after his final game, on Aug. 30, and wore a walking boot and then a cast for the next month.

click for more details

source : phily.com

No comments: