Google
 

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Working To Nail Down The Post

Andrew Bogut is building his own gym in his hometown of Melbourne, Australia.

And the 7-foot Milwaukee Bucks center also is carefully constructing his game.

The third-year pro's handiwork was there for 7,109 fans to see on Saturday at the Bradley Center, as he scored 24 points and grabbed nine rebounds during the Bucks' annual open scrimmage.

Bogut's performance helped the Black team claim a 77-64 victory over the White squad, which was led by Michael Redd's 17 points.

"I bought an industrial factory, which was basically four concrete walls," Bogut said of his new training center Down Under. "I put a floor in and ordered NBA hoops. I put in a weight room, and just as I was leaving I put in a pool, hot tub and cold tub and steam room.

"I'd like to eventually make it a basketball school for youngsters in Australia; that's my goal."
Bogut's display included a crossover dribble and powerful dunk late in the third quarter, and he had 22 of his points in the first three quarters.

"I thought he came out with a lot of energy," Bucks coach Larry Krystkowiak said. "What I'm suspecting we're going to see is a big post player in his third year, and a lot of times the light bulb comes on.

"It's confidence, strength, being more comfortable with the situation. I really have high hopes, and I know he's put a lot of work in.

"Nobody wants to be a better player moreso than Andrew."

Bogut did not play for the Australian national team this summer, prior to rejoining it in 2008 for the Beijing Olympics.

After being picked by the Bucks with the No. 1 overall choice in the 2005 draft, Bogut went directly from his first pro season (he played in all 82 games) to a grueling summer with his country's team, which played in the 2006 World Championships in Japan.

Then it was right back to the Bucks, and he admitted he had worn down toward the end of last season.

click for more details

source : jsonline.com

No comments: