Google
 

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Stoudemire Unsure Of Playing Tuesday

PHOENIX, Nov. 5 (AP) -- Swelling in Amare Stoudemire's right knee could sideline him for the second game in a row when the Phoenix Suns begin a four-game road trip Tuesday night at Charlotte.

"It all depends on how I feel,'' Stoudemire said after the Suns practiced on Monday. "If I feel good tomorrow, then I'll play. If not, then I'll sit it out. There's no pressure being put on me by the staff or the trainers.''

Stoudemire watched film, lifted weights and did some shooting while his teammates practiced. He sat out Phoenix's 103-92 victory over Cleveland on Sunday. The all-star forward had arthroscopic surgery on his right knee Oct. 2.

He missed virtually all the 2005-06 season after microfracture surgery on his left knee. The latest surgery was considered minor, and Stoudemire had come back strong before the swelling occurred.

Coach Mike D'Antoni said he was not concerned about any long-term impact.

"Maybe it's just a normal thing, just a little too much activity, maybe,'' D'Antoni said. "Whatever it is, with a couple of days' rest, he'll be fine.''

Stoudemire, the only player to appear in all 82 regular-season Suns games last season, said he is taking a cautious approach.

"It's early, I've got a long career,'' he said. "You can't win a championship in November, but you can lose one, you know what I'm saying? I just want to make sure I take my time and get back right so I'm able to go to war with these guys the next few months.''

source : NBA.com

No comments: