Google
 

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Anthony Emerges As U.S Team Star

LAS VEGAS — Some NBA players struggle with rough-and-tumble international basketball.

It seems to bring out the best in Carmelo Anthony, who has also thrived in the NCAA and NBA.

"I can adjust to all types of games," Anthony said after U.S. practice Thursday at Valley High School. "I don't need the ball to be effective. I can go in there and get some rebounds, get some assists and get some steals and score when I have to.

"I don't really have to try to go out there and score 30, 40 points for this team to win," said Anthony, who has averaged 24.1 points in four NBA seasons. "I can do the little things."

As the Americans prepare for the FIBA Americas tournament next week, there's been a lot of attention on newcomer Kobe Bryant and how he'll mesh in the backcourt with LeBron James.

But if Anthony reprises his performance from the world championships last summer, he might be the glue that holds the Americans together.

click for more details

source : usatoday.com

No comments: